Urethral Stricture India
Its a condition caused when the urethra narrows down. Urethral stricture India can be a result of any injury, surgical procedure. Urethral stricture is more common in Men and boys. Women and girls have rare chance of having urethral stricture.
How to identify Urethral Stricture Treatment India condition?
- Urinary stream becoming more wide
- Frequent urination
- Urgency of urinating
- Experiencing pain while urinating
- Infection of the urinary tract
- Issue will completely emptying the bladder
- Blood in urine or semen
- Pelvic pain can also be a symptom
Causes & Correction of Urethral Stricture India
There are several factors which may lead to urethral stricture. Some of them are listed below:
- Any kind of trauma occurring from an injury or due to accidents that causes damage to the urethra or bladder
- Any kind of pelvic injury, which may include a fracture
- Any kind of surgical procedures carried out on Urethra
- Any kind of prostate surgery done, whether TURP or a laser procedure
- Prostate enlargement
- Urethral Cancer
- Infections of the Urethra Prostate infection or inflammation (Prostatitis)
- Previous Hypospadias Surgery
- Any kind of congenital malformations of the Urethra
- Radiation treatments done for curing prostate cancer
- Urinary Incontinence in Women: Inability of controlling the bladder.
Diagnosis of Urethral Stricture India
The trained urologists may physically examine the patient and look out for symptoms suggestive of urethral stricture. If they feel convinced of the condition, they will carry out regular test such as urinalysis (UA), urine culture, urethral culture and uroflowmetry. The doctors may also get an ultrasound done of the patient to analyse the amount of urine retention in the bladder.
Depending upon the patient’s condition the doctor may recommend one or more of the additional tests, mentioned below:
- Ultrasound of the urethra
- Retrograde urethrogram
- Antegrade cystourethrogram
- MRI and CT scan
Treatment at The Centre of Urethra and Penile Surgery for Urethral Stricture India?
Medicines don’t prove to be much helpful in treating urethral stricture. Once a stricture has developed, it may not go away on its own hence surgical procedures.
The various treatment options that exist for curing urethral stricture are:
- Urethroplasty: Urethroplasty refers to any open reconstruction of the Urethra. Depending upon the cause, length, location, and calibre of the stricture, the success rate of the Urethroplasty ranges from 85% to 95%. It is safe to perform Urethroplasty on Men of all ages. It is usually performed in posterior urethra.
- Urethral dilation and another endoscopic approach:The success rate for these approaches is very low.
- Urethral Stent: Placement of urethral stent is not a very acceptable treatment for urethral stricture. Urethral stents do not provide long term benefits and can lead to complications such as pain, dribbling after urinating, stent migration, stent malposition, and blockage of the stent.
Some Important points to take care in case of Urethral Stricture India:
- Recurrence of stricture may develop, hence its essential to consult doctor in case of urine retention symptoms in the patient.
- The recovery period after surgery will vary with the type of procedure performed, duration of catheterization, surgeon selected, and overall health of the patient.
- Ongoing care must be taken after a surgery is done for the treatment of urethral stricture as there are chances of recurrence.
For further details on Urethral Stricture. You may reach out to:-
Dr. Gautam Banga
Urologist, Andrologist and Genito -Urinary Reconstructive Surgeon
Contact no. : +91-9999062316 | 011-41041131
Website : www.urethraandpenilesurgery.com