Hypospadias refers to congenital condition i.e. a birth defect, where the urethra opening remains
on underside of one’s penis instead of staying at the tip. Urethra implies a tube, from where urine
drains from the bladder and exits the body. The problem is common among male child and does
not create any difficulty in caring of the infant. Surgery performed by a good urologist in Delhi
often restores the regular appearance of the infant/child penis. With proper treatment, a majority
of males have experienced their normal urination as well as reproduction.
Symptoms of the Problem
If your baby boy experiences either of the following symptoms, you should immediately consult
with your doctor and a reputed urologist in Delhi or in any other area.
- Urethra opening at any location other than the penis tip
- Chordee i.e. downward curve of the infant’s penis
- Penis’ hooded appearance due to covering of penis’ only top half with foreskin
- Abnormal spraying at the time of urination
Treatment to Cure Hypospadias
Surgery to Treat Hypospadias in Boys
In most of the cases, hypospadias stay in minor form and hence, do not require any surgery.
However, treatment in this case often involves surgery to reposition the opening of one’s urethra
and if required, straightening of the penis shaft. Urologist in Delhi or in any other Indian city
does the surgery of patients after 1-year age.
Moreover, experts associated with hypospadias treatments and epispadias have come up with
many latest and improved surgical methods to allow surgeons to perform the operation at the
earliest possible age. In this way, surgery prevents most of the emotional and mental problems,
which boys with hypospadias problem may often develop.
Main Objective of the Surgery
The main objective of hypospadias surgery is to correct the penis curvature and to place the
urethra opening in its right place. Babies suffering from hypospadias do not require any
circumcision. Instead, extra skin from their foreskin helps surgeons to increase the urethra’s
length or rebuild it.
Surgery associated with hypospadias treatments and epispadias takes place when the baby boy
remains under general anesthesia. Baby in this case requires multiple surgeries in case the
urologist has to straighten the penis before fixing the position of the urethra. After surgery, you
may take the baby back to home on the same day. However, once the surgery completes, baby
requires a small catheter tube to pass urine. Catheter will remain in its place from 3to4 days to up
to 2 weeks. In addition, your doctor will prescribe certain antibiotics to avoid or reduce the risk
related to any infection and pain drugs to deal with any type of discomfort.
Surgery related to hypospadias treatments and epispadias has proved to be successful largely.
Many times, the penis appears normal post surgery and boys have their normal urination and
normal reproduction in the later years. In some cases, fistula i.e. a small hole develops beneath
the penis, a new urinary channel forms and leads to urine leakage. Moreover, boys rarely
experience any problem related to scarring or healing of wounds. However, if your baby boy
experiences either of the mentioned problems, doctors perform another surgery for its repair.
Circumcision Centre Delhi is the careful evacuation of the prepuce or the upper skin, the tissue covering the head (glans) of the penis. It is an old practice that has its starting point in religious ceremonies. Circumcision implies the strategy of careful expulsion of the prepuce that covers the leader of the penis. Whenever improved the situation an infant, the technique takes around five to 20 minutes. Circumcision for a grown-up takes around 60 minutes. The injury recuperating from the circumcision medical procedure for the most part happens in five to seven days.
This strategy is a religious and in addition a social custom for the adherents of the Jewish religion and in addition Islam. Certain native clans in Africa and Australia too practice this custom. These days however, individuals regardless of religion and clan may select this method as an issue of individual cleanliness or preventive human services.
Conditions where Circumcision is advised by the Urologist & Best Circumcision Centre Delhi
- Tight foreskin due to tight Frenulum. The frenulum of the penis is a band of tissue situated underneath the penis. At the point when the frenulum is tight or short, this is known as a frenulum breve. This can result in strain on the frenulum amid erections, which can tear and tear amid incredible exercises, for example, sex, causing agony and draining which thusly makes numerous men lose their erections. A few men experience their whole lives experiencing agony and draining uninformed that there is a fix. The level of snugness and thickness of the frenulum differs from men to men.
- Phimosis: The prepuce or upper skin does not retract back. Phimosis is where the prepuce is too tight to be pulled back over the leader of the penis (glans). Phimosis is ordinary in infants and babies, yet in more established youngsters it might be the aftereffect of a skin condition that has caused scarring. It isn’t typically an issue except if it causes side effects. Quick treatment is required in situations where phimosis causes issues, for example, trouble urinating.
- Balantis: Infection over foreskin due to tight skin or diabetes or any other specific reason. Balanitis is a disease that can make you uneasy in a standout amongst the most delicate zones – the finish of your penis and the free fold of skin that covers the tip. It tends to be dealt with, and it’s frequently simple to avert with some TLC. You can get balanitis at any age. In case you’re circumcised, you’re not liable to get it. Yet, on the off chance that despite everything you have your prepuce, you have to take additional consideration of the leader of your penis
- Cosmesis: Few Adults want their foreskin cosmetically unappealing so they prefer to undergo circumcision. A stylish covering on a prosthesis to make it look more natural the routine with regards to saving or re-establishing physical appearance, typically after a task directed for non-corrective reasons
Circumcision may have different medical advantages, including: Circumcision Centre Delhi
- Good Hygiene – Circumcision makes it less difficult to wash the penis. Notwithstanding, young men with uncircumcised penises can be instructed to wash frequently underneath the prepuce.
- Diminished danger of urinary tract contaminations – The danger of urinary tract contaminations in Men is low, however these diseases are more typical in uncircumcised Men. Extreme contaminations right off the bat in life can prompt kidney issues later.
- Diminished danger of explicitly transmitted diseases – Circumcised Men may have a lower danger of certain explicitly transmitted contaminations, including HIV. In any case, safe sexual practices stay basic.
- Avoidance of penile issues – Infrequently, the prepuce on an uncircumcised penis can be troublesome or difficult to withdraw (phimosis). This can prompt aggravation of the prepuce or leader of the penis.
- Diminished danger of penile disease – In spite of the fact that malignant growth of the penis is uncommon, it’s less regular in circumcised men. What’s more, cervical malignant growth is less basic in the female sexual accomplices of circumcised men.
Subsequent to experiencing circumcision as a grown-up there are certain of rules you have to pursue: Circumcision Centre Delhi
- Take as much time as is needed including your anti-infection agents and agony meds as coordinated by the specialist.
- Amid the primary week or for no less than 10 days after the medical procedure don’t play out any strenuous movement.
- The specialist may encourage you to stay away from shower for multi day or two. Despite the fact that the bearings may change from specialist to specialist. It would be ideal if you pursue your specialist’s recommendation on the issue. Try not to clean up till the specialist affirms it. When you are permitted to scrub down precisely wash the cuts with cleanser and water ordinary.
- Abstain from wearing tight-fitting garments, for example, briefs or tight shorts for a couple of days.
- You may need to hold up to a month and a half to engage in sexual relations or jerk off after the medical procedure. You may confront slight uneasiness while engaging in sexual relations out of the blue after the medical procedure.
Length of Stay in Circumcision Centre Delhi: This procedure is carried out in day care which means there is no ned of overnight stay in hospital. The patient is kept in recovery area for observation for few hours say 4 hours and is discharged the same day.
Type of Anaesthesia given, Circumcision Centre Delhi: Local or General anaesthesia is given depending upon the condition of the patient which is unanimously decided by the Urologist and the Anaesthetist.
This procedure is safe and sound.
At SCI International Hospital, we perform circumcision for infants as well as adults.
To know more please contact :
Dr. Gautam Banga
Urologist, Andrologist and Genito -Urinary Reconstructive Surgeon
Contact no. : +91-9999062316